Maryland Morning finds the most intelligent and intriguing voices to probe the "whys" and "who cares" behind the headlines.
Midday is WYPR's daily public affairs program heard from noon-1pm, Monday-Friday. Topics range from the latest news, to local and national politics.
On The Watch Part 5.Out of the 327 homicide cases in the city this year, only about 67 of these investigations have been closed. The police need witnesses and information from the community in order to solve cases. But the public wants info from police department, too -- such as the number of complaints made about police misconduct. And what happens to cops who are subject to internal investigations?
- Expert Says Alibi Witness Could Have Changed Things
- State Asking Appeals Court To Compel Testimony In Gray Case
- Iowa, New Hampshire and Gov. Hogan
- Chapman Concludes Testimony In Serial Case
- New state senator makes vote for returning felons likely
- LAST MINUTE ENTRY SHAKES UP THE MAYOR’S RACE
- Witness Says Prosecutor Misled Her About Serial Case
- Baltimore leaders: Hogan all rhetoric, no funding
Out of the Blocks
4700 Eastern Avenue is in Southeast Baltimore's Highlandtown neighborhood. Over the past fifty years, the story of the American Dream has been written and rewritten in this community, as two distinct waves of immigrants have taken their turns settling in and opening up shop.