Mon August 4, 2014
Chef Sascha's "Cut, Chop and Bite" Recipes
Chef Sascha Wolhandler is back with recipes that require you to get to the closest farmer's market and get out of the kitchen!
Here are some of the recipes she shared with Tom Hall:
1 lb. Peaches – halved, pit removed
¼ cup Brown sugar
2 tablespoon Unsalted butter
Canola oil as needed
1. Heat grill to medium high. Rub peaches with canola oil. Grill flesh side down for 3-4 minutes.
2. In the meantime, melt the butter and mix with brown sugar.
3. Flip the peaches and brush with sugar mixture.
4. Close lid and allow to grill 3-4 more minutes.
5. Serve with ice cream and fresh whipped cream.
No Cook Pasta Sauce
2 lbs. Roma Tomatoes – cored & cut into ½” cubes
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup each Italian parsley & basil – chopped
1 tablespoon Fresh thyme – chopped
1 teaspoon Garlic – minced
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
Pinch Red pepper flakes
1 cup Parmesan - grated
1. Toss all ingredients together and allow to sit for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
2. Toss with warm pasta and a few tablespoons of reserved pasta water.
Sascha Wolhandler and her husband Steve Susser own Sascha's 527 Restaurant & Catering on Charles Street in Baltimore.