The revival of the cocktail is still going strong. While wine is a safe and classic option, the addition of a signature cocktail or punch bowl to your holiday gathering can add a layer of color and creativity to your upcoming soiree.
Tim Chin, known to many as the Boy with the Blue Beard, is a food photographer, blogger, craft bartender, and local food and wine personality. He joins Tom in Studio A to share some timely cocktail and holiday punch bowl recipes. Here are two of his favorites:
Tim's Holiday 75
- 2 oz. Jack Daniels Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Le MONADE Cranberry Sage Shrub
- shake and strain over ice; top with brut champagne
- Garnish w/ fresh cranberry, sage leaf and lemon peel.
Pear Pressure Punch Bowl (courtesy Amie Ward, Beverage Director of R. Bar)
- 1 liter Courvoisier VSOP (VS will work well too)
- 11 oz Cardamaro
- 11 oz Shrub District Ginger Shrub
- 1 litre St. George's Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 18 oz Water
- Build in Punch bowl. Use a big block of ice for dilution and chill. Serve in punch cups.